Dickinson Davy & Markham was originally established in 1889 as an independent partnership of auctioneers and valuers in North Lincolnshire. The partnership grew into a highly respected mixed practice, providing professional advice and services to the rural, residential and commercial sectors.
After a period of major expansion during the 1980's, the partnership dissolved during the late 1990's which saw the core agricultural business being bought out by the current Directors and the subsequent creation and re-brand to DDM Agriculture, now operating in Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and Yorkshire.
The new company created in 1999 specialise in rural property, agriculture and development with a strong professional team of Chartered Surveyors and Valuers, focussed on providing sound practical and professional advice to existing and future clients.
In 2018, DDM Agriculture acquired John H Pickup & Co, based in Bawtry. John H Pickup & Co was founded in 1983 and has sold significant areas of land in the region, set up numerous contract farming arrangements and undertaken all other types of professional work. The Company is now operating under the revised name of JH Pickup & Co.
The company continues to operate from the office in Bawtry and is joined by Andrew Houlden, a director of DDM Agriculture.
Andrew Houlden said “The acquisition of John H Pickup & Co was an important strategic step in building on the success to date of two highly respected land agency firms. The clients of both firms benefit from the wider spread of skill-sets available across the combined businesses, whilst continuing to receive the same high-level of personal service from the staff they are accustomed to dealing with”.
DDM Agriculture and JH Pickup & Co's success is based on a responsive approach to farmer's requirements and our ability to provide the full range of practical and strategic advice.
If you require any aspect of the services that we provide or wish to seek some advice please contact us.